Friday, April 5, 2013

10 Things I Hate About Pinterest

I made up the title to this post before I even made up the list, so let's hope I can keep it to ten...


1. People are trying to make everything pretty. Seriously, I have seen everything from golden spatulas to printed band aids. You know that band aid is going to have a blood stain in ten seconds right?

2. "Motivation" pins. Aka. super skinny, ripped girls in skimpy work out clothes. I do not feel motivated.

3. People asking me to group post to their "diabetes" and "vegan" boards. I don't have diabetes and I really hope I never become vegan. I would probably be pinning delicious hamburgers to your sad vegan board.

4. The person that pins 100 pins every day... What is your purpose?

5. Really silly quotes that make no sense. Example: "Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about." Thank you, I shall never give up on food, peeing, and how I can be cooler.

6. The caption "I NEED THIS." Gurl, you are never gonna have a five story tree house in your backyard. Face the facts now.

7. Recipes that the pinner claims are "absolutely out of the world crazy ridiculous!!!" - and they're usually not

8. The phrase "pin now, read later" - you ain't neva gonna read that later

9. People who are advertising for companies, and you can tell...

10. Pictures like this with the caption "I am soo doing this" ... When and WHY would you ever need a cake that large?


Photo from Pinterest- can't find original source 

** I am updating this with a number 11 that I can't believe I forgot.

11. EVERYTHING is "healthy" now, What?? Healthy cookies, healthy cake, healthy ice cream. Here's the thing. It's either not healthy or it's not what they say it is. Ice cream has cream in it, not bananas. If your ice cream is made of bananas it's called mushed bananas. End of story.



I apologize for the negative sounding post. I really do like pinterest, these are just my peeves. What Pinterest Peeves do you have?

2 comments:

  1. Pin now read later - REALLY people? Most the time when I click on those pins to read now the link is broken anyway. So there is no reading later happening.

    Motivation pins..it is always my friends that are pregnant or recently had a baby that are pinning these. They just make me feel sad about myself because I have no desire to pin these type of pins let along actually do them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I HATE the skimpy workout pins!! I hate when people post a pin that says "I'm going to make this for Johnny" or something personal like that, yet they don't know a person named Johnny, they just repinned something that someone else had written that about. BLAH

    ReplyDelete