Friday, May 31, 2013

Response to "The Bikini Question" blog post

This blog seems to have disabled comments...
http://madeinhisimage.org/the-bikini-question/...
and I need my voice to be heard!

Ever since a devotional that a fellow counselor gave at EFY last year, I have changed my entire view of this "bikini question" and I have to respectfully disagree that men are the reason that we as LDS women should choose not to wear bikinis.

What??? you ask.
Yes.
It's true.

The reason is because we are children of God! Talking about men's "sexual nature" gets at the tip of the iceberg - maybe.

Think about it this way. How much more skin are you really covering up when you wear your one piece or tankini? A little around your belly, right? We need to get off our high horses when we say that wearing a tankini is avoiding the possibility of a man looking at as sexually. For real.

Because we are created in God's image, because we are daughters of a divine being, because our bodies our GIFTS to be cherished, protected, and respected. THIS is why we do as the prophet says, and opt for a tankini instead of a bikini. Because we do this tiny little thing, because we choose a bathing suit with just a little more material, we can say that we have done as the prophet has asked and worn the types of clothing that he has asked.

We wear tankinis because we do not want to flaunt our skin as much, show off our sexuality as much, and wear as little clothing as the rest of the world might do.

We wear tankinis because we love God and we love ourselves.






1 comment:

  1. yep! Ummm, plus I have had the holy ghost tell me that wearing a bikini was wrong. I am confused why other girls do not feel that? You know?

    ReplyDelete