Okay I just dislike him.
But really, I do.
I asked my husband what I should write about. I said "I could write about how much I hate Piers Morgan"
He said, "Or you could write about how you don't watch Piers Morgan because you hate him"
Which is 100% true.
And then I remembered a theory I learned about when I was a PR major. It's called confirmation bias. Basically, the theory says that people will view the world selectively because they most often will choose media that reinforces or agrees with their beliefs (Communication Studies).
Which is also 100% true.
How many 60 year old republicans will watch MSNBC to learn about the world? Very very few.
How many 20 year old democrats will watch Fox News to learn about the haps? Very very few.
And then I thought about Steven Colbert, who is basically a democrat pretending to be a republican, but I love him. Then I realized that I love him because I agree with about 70% of his sarcasm. Weird.
But essentially, I hate Piers Morgan because 1. He is British and snarky. 2. He used to be a judge on America's Got Talent and now he's a reputable news anchor? I think not. 3. He uses emotional appeals in every single one of his arguments and cannot try a different approach for his life 4. He is British and snarky.
![]() |
| (Picture from New York Daily News) |
** Note: I love the Brits, just not the snarky ones.

No comments:
Post a Comment