Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Subliminal Messaging?????

Here's my story....

I was getting ready to watch The Colbert Report on Hulu, when it offered to let me watch one commercial and the rest of the show would be commercial free, AWESOME! I love that. So I clicked on the Fidelity Investments commercial. I was watching it passively. The commercial was saying that investing in technology will make you more informed, connected and blah blah blah. Then it said "Think about it, we do," and here is what the screen looked like...

AHHH. Do you see it? I do! ME DO. I do what? I invest in Fidelity.

Subliminal messaging lives on.

2 comments:

  1. I find commercials to be such a hidden messaging system that often gets over looked, and I reallllllly like this one that you found! Its a great example! I've also noticed commercials from DeBeers Jewelers that imply that diamonds are the only way for your love to be "forever." It's an interesting scheme and I think the advertising companies are taking full advantage of this type of "unnoticed" control area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is awesome! Good catch Jaclyn. Advertisers are very smart when it comes to sending messages to your subconscious. There is no better way to sell a product. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete