** Spoiler Alert **
I'm back with another Downton Abbey chat/review/discussion. Whatever you want to call it.
Brotha Grantham needs to get over the whole Matthew taking over thing. Can I hear an amen?
I mean, he does own half of the estate now and he is pretty much the reason they're not living in "Downton Place" (the lowly 4 story, cottage of a mini mansion they were going to live in).
What would Downton Abbey be if they lived in Downton Place? Nothing, I tell you. The show could not go on. Grantham's who aren't rich? Boring.
I am in so much love with Mr. Mason. He is the sweetest old thing. And he gives Daisy all that confidence. Gotta love an old dude with a soft spot for his son's widow.
Also, did anybody else think what I thought when this image came up on the screen?......
I don't even want to say it because I think I'm predicting too much and I hate when people predict the entire show and ruin it (ahem, my dad). So we'll just leave it at that.
Also, BATES IS FREE, FREE AT LAST! HALLELUJAH! Or is he? I'm still a tad confused. I feel like they were so happy and excited but they haven't given us an "it's a for sure, forever, kind of deal" Probably on purpose. C'mon Downton writers... we've been waiting so long. PS. I'll admit that I was totally wrong last week about his angry lash outs being ineffective. But I guess the story's not even over yet.
Lastly, Carson is starting to bug me. The dude needs to get over this whole Ethel's-a-dirty-prostitute thing. I mean, we all make mistakes, ya know? This is 1920! We're forward thinking! Former prostitutes are no longer the scum of the earth. (Not that I'm pro-prostitution or anything, I'm not going down the New Zealand route.) But I'm just sayin....
Well, that's all I've got today. Your thoughts?
I'm back with another Downton Abbey chat/review/discussion. Whatever you want to call it.
Brotha Grantham needs to get over the whole Matthew taking over thing. Can I hear an amen?
I mean, he does own half of the estate now and he is pretty much the reason they're not living in "Downton Place" (the lowly 4 story, cottage of a mini mansion they were going to live in).
What would Downton Abbey be if they lived in Downton Place? Nothing, I tell you. The show could not go on. Grantham's who aren't rich? Boring.
I am in so much love with Mr. Mason. He is the sweetest old thing. And he gives Daisy all that confidence. Gotta love an old dude with a soft spot for his son's widow.
Also, did anybody else think what I thought when this image came up on the screen?......
![]() |
| ( Photo from Zap2it ) |
I don't even want to say it because I think I'm predicting too much and I hate when people predict the entire show and ruin it (ahem, my dad). So we'll just leave it at that.
Also, BATES IS FREE, FREE AT LAST! HALLELUJAH! Or is he? I'm still a tad confused. I feel like they were so happy and excited but they haven't given us an "it's a for sure, forever, kind of deal" Probably on purpose. C'mon Downton writers... we've been waiting so long. PS. I'll admit that I was totally wrong last week about his angry lash outs being ineffective. But I guess the story's not even over yet.
Lastly, Carson is starting to bug me. The dude needs to get over this whole Ethel's-a-dirty-prostitute thing. I mean, we all make mistakes, ya know? This is 1920! We're forward thinking! Former prostitutes are no longer the scum of the earth. (Not that I'm pro-prostitution or anything, I'm not going down the New Zealand route.) But I'm just sayin....
Well, that's all I've got today. Your thoughts?

No comments:
Post a Comment