(Written for the Book Assignment due this week)
As an adolescent, and like
most adolescents my age, my favorite book was Harry Potter. The story of a teen
wizard with a target on his forehead for adventures and dark wizards, Harry
awkwardly and courageously succeeds at almost everything that is right. His
story will probably remain at peoples’ bedsides for hundreds of years to come.
Now, my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. The main character, Lizzie, is a
sassy, smart and feminine girl who isn’t afraid to challenge the norm. This cheeky
personality lands her a hot rich husband and all the happiness in the world.
Harry
was influential on my life because he brought me into my adolescence. I grew up
with him, in the most literal way possible for a fictional character. He gave
me a love for reading and a topic of conversation and camaraderie among
friends. We bonded over the story and culture that is the wizarding world of
Harry Potter. It was also the first book to make me laugh out loud (RIP Fred).
It still remains tied for my favorite to this day, but for the purpose of this blog, I'll talk about my other favorite too.
![]() |
| Photo from Pinterest (Can't find original, sorry) |
As I
grew older and more mature, I found love in classic British novels,
specifically Pride and Prejudice. No other book spoke to my feelings on love
more than that one had when I read it. It was the second book to make me laugh
out loud and it also changed the negative opinion I had on classic novels that I had
developed throughout high school English classes. I learned that they could be
a form of enjoyment rather than torture. Very few books in my high school had
really peaked my interest, but when I read Pride and Prejudice for fun I realized
that they are not all bad and actually enjoyed some of the ones we read during
my senior year.
![]() |
| Photo from Etsy |


I love Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice. Both such great books with wonderful and admirable characters!!!
ReplyDeleteTwo of the best choices you could have made by far. :) Love them both!
ReplyDelete