** Spoiler Alert **
I don't even care what happened throughout the first hour and a half of this season finale.
There will be no discussion of it.
But those last sixty seconds?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!
I know, my reaction is pretty much the same as all other 20-80 year old women on the planet, but you'll have to listen to me anyways.
HOW COULD HE DIE?!?! IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!!! It was extremely obvious right after I got over the shock that this must have been a script affected by the actor's choices. There was no other way. And I was right!
Dan Stevens, aka Mr. Matthew Crawley, has chosen to leave the show. I want to write him hate mail or something, but that is a little aggressive even for me.
So all I want to know is this - Is it even worth watching anymore? With Sibyl and Matthew gone, and the sure possibility of more deaths in the future, it just doesn't appeal to me to get attached to these characters who will abandon me in my tears at the end of a season finale.
Now tell me what you think.
I don't even care what happened throughout the first hour and a half of this season finale.
There will be no discussion of it.
But those last sixty seconds?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!
I know, my reaction is pretty much the same as all other 20-80 year old women on the planet, but you'll have to listen to me anyways.
HOW COULD HE DIE?!?! IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!!! It was extremely obvious right after I got over the shock that this must have been a script affected by the actor's choices. There was no other way. And I was right!
Dan Stevens, aka Mr. Matthew Crawley, has chosen to leave the show. I want to write him hate mail or something, but that is a little aggressive even for me.
So all I want to know is this - Is it even worth watching anymore? With Sibyl and Matthew gone, and the sure possibility of more deaths in the future, it just doesn't appeal to me to get attached to these characters who will abandon me in my tears at the end of a season finale.
| Photo from XO Jane |
Now tell me what you think.
All my favorite characters die in this show. And it's because the actors decide to move on. I haven't decided to move on, so how can they? How could Matthew do that to us? haha I get way too attached. It's a problem.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I felt the same way after I watched the finale!...even now I still feel like crying whenever I think about it...
ReplyDeleteBut I seriously agree with you. Matthew (and Sybil) was such an integral part of the show that I feel like there is no point in watching it now.
I'll probably end up watching the next season, but never loving it the same.